Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, John F. Kennedy University, Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
California State Teaching Credential, California State University, Hayward
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, California State University, Hayward, Emphasis in Special Education
Experience and Specialized Training:
I have been trained in, and utilize an integration of complementary therapeutic approaches including, Solution Focused Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Theory, Attachment Theory, Emotion Focused Therapy, Experiential Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Family Systems Therapy, and Expressive Arts Therapy.
I have experience related to:
- Anxiety & Life Changes
- Depression and Self-harm
- Parenting: Children of all ages, Co-parenting, Parenting your parents
- Caretaking: Service and Helping Professions
- Childhood Trauma and Abuse
- Attachment Issues: Adult, Child, Adoption
- Children: School-based and Clinical Settings
- Adolescents: Identity; Academic, Peer, & Parental Pressures
- Couples/Partner Counseling: Pre-marital, Enrichment, Dissolution
- Sexuality: Addiction, fetishes, abuse
- Loss and Grief: Relationship, Employment, Housing, Parent, Sibling
- Exploration of Values, Authentic Self, Inner Child
- Somatic Awareness and Mindfulness
My Treatment Approach:
“Without change, there would be no butterflies.” ~ Author unknown
Life and circumstances beyond our control are often stressful and overwhelming for even the most courageous of us. Sometimes we experience anxiety, pain, anger, or hopelessness and engage in patterns of behavior that leave us feeling disconnected and confused. Often the hardest part is gaining the resolve to talk to somebody.
As your psychotherapist, my role is to accompany and support you along your unique process of transformation. My approach to treatment is collaborative. I emphasize hope and optimism, and together we will create an environment of safety and compassion. We will explore your unique values and strengths, discover internal and external influences to your struggles, establish attainable results, and develop positive strategies to achieve your personal goals.
My approach encourages authentic self-expression, connection, life balance, and realization of worthiness to emerge when working with all clients, including individuals, couples, children, and families.
Areas of Focus:
- Life Changes
- Blended Families
- Work & Career
Who I Work With:
Individuals, couples, families, children, adolescents, adults, LGBTQ
Direct Line: 925-399-8685
Alternate Line: 925-449-7925